Biology Research Areas
- Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology (S. K. Apte)
- Chlamydomonas Cell Biology and Stress Physiology: Flagellar biology, protein interactomes involved in morphogenesis, apoptosis, and biofilms/palmelloids (Jacinta D'Souza)
- Epigenetics of Behaviour and Diseases: Cancer and Stem cell epigenetics, Genome wide studies of DNA methylation and combinatorial histone modifications, Drug discovery and throughput screening, HIV epigenetics (Subhojit Sen)
- Experimental Cancer Therapeutics and Chemical Biology: Microtubule dynamics and role in cancer metastasis, Tubulin isotype-mediated drug resistance, Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy (Manu Lopus)
- Plant Metabolism and Metabolomics: Elucidating the regulation of metabolic pathways, characterization of medicinally important bioactive compounds and understanding their coordination with stress response programs (Sirisha V.L.)
- Plant pathology and protection: Molecular basis of plant fungal diseases, plant-pathogen interactions; epidemiology of plant diseases; plant resistance and control of plant diseases (Dr. Siddhesh Ghag).